WHY HIRE MICHAEL THOMPSON AS YOUR ATTORNEY?
If you're reading this chances are you have a problem and need help. Frankly, what I do best is problem-solving. If you're looking to hire an attorney you have likely realized there is no shortage of experts promising the results you want and aggressive representation. Of course I can provide aggressive legal representation--I will be your advocate--and I can provide expert counsel. But, when I opened my practice I set out to practice law differently. Part of what I wanted to provide was a better client experience.
To that end, I pledge to provide my clients the following:
Client Bill of Rights
- I will keep you informed. This doesn't mean daily updates, but you won't go weeks without hearing from me either.
- I will call you back. Again, it might not be the same day--I do strive to make return contact (could be email or phone as allowed) within 72 hours.
- I strive to be as efficient as possible. This means employing time saving technologies and practices. The aim is to not run up unnecessary fees.
- I will listen. If you're looking to hire an attorney you have a problem or needs. I will listen to what that problem or need is and help you find the solution that works for you.
- I will get you information so you can make informed decisions--I will advise you, but I realize the decisions are not mine.
- Hopefully my website will give you some sense of this--I will communicate clearly and directly. I'll leave the lawyerese for and to other lawyers.
SKILLED LEGAL ADVICE IN ANN ARBOR, WASHTENAW COUNTY AND THROUGHOUT MICHIGAN
Experience is part of developing a successful law practice. When I first entered legal practice in 1998, I worked in a large law firm doing litigation (primarily construction, commercial and insurance defense work), as well as working in the municipal section representing municipalities in zoning, planning and municipal finance related issues. The experience was invaluable. It was also enlightening.
After years in that capacity, I explored my entrepreneurial side and opened and then served business in a leadership capacity and as counsel. This provided additional experience with real estate, zoning and planning issues, contracts as well as general business legal issues from formation to dissolution.
All along the way, I continued to help various clients and people with the various issues of life that tend to arise--predominately family centered issues like divorce or estate related needs.
Thus, The Law Offices of Michael Thompson works hard to help you get the best possible results in the following practice areas:
- Family Law (Divorce--both contested and uncontested, custody and support issues)
- Real Estate (Including development, landlord tenant, boundary and easement issues)
- Zoning and Land Use (Including variance applications and appeals, ordinance challenges and planning support)
- Estate Planning Elder Law (Including wills, trust and probate actions, as well as disability application support)
- Small Business (From formation to dissolution and general counsel support)
- Criminal (Misdemeanors, Drunk Driving, License Reinstatements)
The Law Offices of Michael Thompson prides itself on developing real connections with clients. I put complex legal issues into language that you can easily understand. I work hard to help our clients in every situation. I treat clients with respect and spend time to make sure that they fully understand the process they are going through.
When you need counsel on a major, life-impacting decision, you deserve an attorney who will listen to you, thoroughly examine the facts, and provide the best possible solution for you and your future.
CONTACT THE LAW OFFICES OF MICHAEL THOMPSON FOR A CONSULTATION (in these challenging times virtual consultations are available)
I have advocated for our Michigan clients for years. There's no need to handle these difficult matters of law all alone. Get the legal advice, counsel, and representation you need. Contact The Law Offices of Michael Thompson in Michigan for a consultation. I can help you decide which course of action will serve your best interests.